Additional top-up grants (until 11 June 2024)
These additional top-up grants are intended to deal with unforeseen budget shortfalls arising before a project starts, caused by a rise in costs since the time of your application to Cloudesley.
To be eligible:
- The project/works should not have commenced or been commissioned
- The increase in cost must be due to a rise in materials or labour costs since the time of application
- The increase in cost cannot be due to additional works not originally applied for
- Top-up grants can be up to a value of 10% of the overall project costs and no more than £10,000.
Top-up grants can be applied for at any point until 11 June 2024.
In most instances, once all the necessary information has been received by Cloudesley, the church will be notified of the decision within two weeks.
Unless the circumstances are exceptional, grants of under £2,000 will not be agreed.
Each eligible church can receive only one Top-up Grant in the period up to 11 June 2024.
How to apply
To apply, churches should contact the Charity’s Director by email including the following details:
- Details of the previous Cloudesley grant to which a top-up is needed, i.e., amount agreed, purpose of grant and date agreed
- A short description of the works involved
- An explanation of why the works costs have increased, along with supporting evidence (for example, a revised invoice)
- The date when the current cost quotes expire
- When the works are expected to be completed
- An explanation as to why the top-up amount cannot be funded wholly or partly by the PCC or from other sources. Reference should be made to the last set of audited accounts and the current position regarding the PCC’s unrestricted funds.